What's Earmeter all about?
Earmeter is a web-application that allows audiologists and hearing aid sellers to work more closely with their patients when they are trialling new hearing aids.
Having received a new hearing aid and taken it away on a trial period, patients will often forget to mention problems and concerns when they return to you for a follow-up appointment. They can also find it difficult to explain what they are hearing. In worst cases, the hearing aids don't work as expected and are abandoned, never to be used again.
Earmeter helps you help your patients get through the uncertainty of the trial period. It lets you ask your patient questions throughout the trial so you know exactly how it's going. It also lets you send timed messages to patients offering advice, guidance and reassurance.
Patients need to help you help them. Earmeter tracks the number of questions that a patient has answered and lets you set goals for them to reach - the patient sees how much they have progressed towards your goal as they answer questions. This allows you to offer incentives for giving good and complete feedback.
Earmeter is designed to be quick and easy to use. Each day patients can answer questions and read a message in a matter of minutes - it's not a chore.
iPod, iPad and other mobile devices are supported as well as all major web browsers so patients can stay up to date wherever they are.
How does it work?
1. You sign up and add your company's details.
2. You add questions that you would like to ask patients, specifying on which days and how often they should be asked.
3. You add messages that will be shown to your patients on specific days.
4. You add email messages that you would like to send to patients, again specifying days and number of times to send.
5. When a patient begins a new hearing aid trial you add their details (just email and password if you want).
6. The patient visits Earmeter, reads messages and answers questions.
7. The patient receives email messages.
8. You view the patient's answers and progress in your Earmeter admin panel.
What platforms and web browsers does Earmeter support?
Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3+, Safari 4+, and Chrome 4+.
All Windows PC, Macs and Linux systems are supported - as are iPod, iPad and other mobile and tablet devices.
Couldn't we just use a pencil and paper?
Yes, you could ask patients to write stuff down, but they don't, do they? Earmeter allows you to engage them throughout the trial - it's a two-way conversation. You can send them messages and emails at set times to help, encourage and guide them. You can ask them timely questions and then can give you answers as they think of them rather than forgetting all about their problems on their next appointment.